The daytime and nighttime operation of buses is similar to tram operation. Nighttime service is provided by bus numbers 502 to 514 and 601 to 603. Bus schedules are located at individual stops. Buses operate from 4.30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Main Bus Stations
- Krizikova street, Prague 8, (Metro B line, Florenc station),
- Nadrazni street, Prague 5, (Metro B line, Andel station),
- Partyzanska str., Prague 7, (Metro C line, Nadrazi Holesovice stat.),
- Rysaveho street, Prague 4, (Metro C line Roztyly station),
- Chlumecka street, Prague 9, (Metro B line, Cerny Most station).
Wheelchair Access by bus
Special bus lines 1 and 3 providing transport for disabled persons in wheelchairs connect the suburbs Cerny Most II, Jizní Mesto II, Nové Butovice and Repy with the centre of Prague (Metro station Florenc) where the change of lines is possible. These lines are in service during the working days only.
click for more information about tickets
Map of buses in Prague
click to enlarge
First buses in Prague
On 7 March 1908 the Electric Company started to operate the first Prague (and Czech) bus line from Malostranské Square to Pohořelec. The route was soon extended across the Charles´ Bridge to Křižovnické Square. Due to considerable technical difficulties after a traffic accident bus service was suspended on 17 November 1909 and Prague remained without buses.