Hotel U Tri Pstrosu Prague

Hotel U Tri Pstrosu Prague

Hotel U Tri Pstrosu Prague

Hotel U Tri Pstrosu Prague

Hotel U Tri Pstrosu Prague

Hotel U Tri Pstrosu Prague

Hotel U Tri Pstrosu Prague

Hotel U Tri Pstrosu Prague

Hotel U Tri Pstrosu Prague

Hotel U Tri Pstrosu Prague

 
Drazickeho square 13, Prague 1 - Lesser Town
e-mail: hotel-utripstrosu@prague-holiday.cz

One of the most famous hotel in Prague - Hotel U Tri Pstrosu - Prague, at the heart of Europe has a wealth of architectural treasures, one of which is the house "U Tri Pstrosu" (At the Three Ostriches). 4 stars hotel just next to Charles Bridge.

Location

Historical Centre -> Mala Strana (Lesser Town) -> Charles Bridge

Four stars Hotel U Tri Pstrosu Prague is located in the The house stands by the Charles Bridge. This stone bridge, one of jewels of Gothic architecture, was built by Charles IV, the Czech king and Holy Roman Emperor. It is one of the most beautiful and romantic locations in Prague.

Distances:
Charles Bridge - 20 meters
Lesser Town 1 min
Old Town 5 Min
Prague Catle 5 min
Wenceslas Square 15 min

 

Rooms and Accommodation

There are 18 rooms and suites in the hotel. Nine rooms have the original wooden renaissance ceilings.

  • Color TV with satellite resception
  • telephone with a direct-dial line
  • mini-bar, safe
  • Internet connection
  • hydro-massage bathtub in suites

Some of the hotel rooms have open view at Charles Bridge from the windows.

Restaurant

 

Well know traditional restaurant U Tri Pstrosu is located on the ground floor of the hotel.


The restaurant is open daily.

 

Reception Desk

Reception Desk of Hotel U Tri Pstrosu is available to guests 24 hours a day.

History of the house

For centuries the House at the Three Ostriches - "U Tri Pstrosu" had a variety of owners, but never has changed its purpose. It always was and it'll always be a hospitable place for everyone who pays a visit. In the beginning of 20th century, the tavern was owned also by Mrs. Josefina MGllerova who was first letting out the house and later she sold it to Josef Dundra in 1921.

Reconstructed it in 1938. At that time, precious frescos were discovered and a colored renaissance wooden ceiling was uncovered. At the same time, stylish furniture was installed, as well as tiled hearth and lunettes featuring construction of Charles Bridge. Restoration work was done by architects Zazvorka a Skvor, under supervision of Prague's conservation authorities.

In 1949, the restaurant was put under state ownership and the owners of the house - still the Dundra family - were forced to hand over the house to the state in 1961.

After thirty-one years, this architectonic jewel was restituted to the family of Dundra. And nowadays again, this treasure serves to the visitors of Prague.

How to get There


Information

Prague Photos

Prague Castle Orloj - Astronomical Clock
View of Prague Saint Vitus Cathedral
TOPlist